"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" -Hippocrates

Monday, March 17, 2014

A New Journey

Meet my fun-loving and bubbly cousin Suzy and her husband Josh!
Suzy and Josh have made the choice to make their health a priority, and what's even better is that they have decided to do it together. Their journey started in February, and I am proud to share their progress! Take a look at how fabulous they are doing!!

"I really put my life change in to full swing on Sunday, Feb 16, 2014.  My starting weight was 216.4. I follow the weight watchers point system, but you can do that and still get away with making seriously unhealthy food decisions.  That same day, Josh and I joined the gym and he decided to join me in my journey for better health and clean eating.  We go to the gym 5-6 times a week, cardio everyday for at least 35 minutes.
Along with that, we decided to not just watch what we ate in regards to the nutritional numbers (calories, fat, protein, carbs), but the nutritional value it also offered.  All that processed stuff can be low fat or low sugar, but they're also low nutrient.  We focus on the outer perimeter of the grocery store: fresh fruits and veggies, fresh meats and seafood.  We buy processed and pre-made items at a minimum (like Silk Almond milk, high fiber wraps, and low sugar salad dressing).  We do our best to make meals, not just heat something up. 
I try to limit weighing myself to just once a week on Sunday (but I usually cave mid-week, I like to know if I'm on track). We both have changed to drinking mostly water (although I still have coffee daily, just much less, or hot tea in the evening).  
The best thing about this is we are doing this as a team.  We have the support of one another at the gym, at home (especially in the kitchen), and a text message away all the time.  We've both made healthy changes that are realistic for life long habits!  It's been three weeks, and I am more excited every single day.  I cannot wait to see the difference in six months.  We're taking pictures once a month so we can use them as motivation."

Seriously, how awesome are they?! 
Suzy's Measurements:

  • 6.5 pounds DOWN...and counting. 
  • Waist is DOWN 1.75 inches
  • Abdominal is DOWN 2.5 inches
  • Hip is DOWN .5 inches

She is directly on track for a healthy, sustainable weight loss. (1-2 pounds/week).I can't wait to give you another update in a few months.

This shows that change is possible, and even better when you have the support, accountability, and love from those that mean most to you! Thank you for sharing your journey (So Far!) Suzy and Josh!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment