"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" -Hippocrates

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hearty Fall Vegetable Bean Soup


I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, and then tweaked it a little bit based off of what I had at home already!

Ingredients/Directions:
Sautee:
1 Onion and 2 Cloves of Garlic
Add:
2 Sweet Potatoes
2 Carrots (or 6-8 baby carrots)
2 Stalks of Celery (I didn't have this for mine)
*Cut all of the above in 1" cubes
1 Cup of Corn
2 Cups Green Beans
4 Cups Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
2 Cans of Beans (Black Beans or Cannelini) (Drained & Rinsed)
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (i chose No Salt Added)
Optional: 2 Cups of Cooked Quinoa (I had some extra, so I threw it in)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/8 tsp All Spice
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1 Bay Leaf

*Cook over the stove or in a crock-pot until all vegetables are soft!
I love Kroger's new brand of "Private Selection," the cans are organic, low sodium, limited preservatives, and affordable! :D 

I LOVE the Sweet Potatoes in this :)
This is very filling, and packed with great ingredients. Many soups can be loaded with sodium, but I chose all Low Sodium, or No Salt Added options.

ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment