"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" -Hippocrates

Friday, May 31, 2013

Homemade Coconut Deodorant!

So today i was in the mood to make stuff...so i made my favorite fudge, and i tried out a baking soda-coconut oil deodorant that I found on pinterest!

I thought before posting that I would wait until the end of the day and see how the deodorant held out..........and well.... my pits smell great! (or i should say...they dont smell bad!)

I switched to natural deodorant a few years ago when I read some articles about how the aluminum in anti-perspirant could possibly be linked to Breast Cancer and Alzheimer's. I thought about it, and realized whether this is fact or not, it just doesnt seem natural to block your body from releasing through it's sweat glands. it's a natural process, and it serves a purpose. 

Now, my journey with natural deodorant hasn't always been pleasant. basically..i have been a little smelly some days. I have to admit, when I have felt desperate I grab someone's anti-perspirant and put some on.

This Coconut Deodorant is really great, and simple. It smells wonderful too! If I would have went all day with my Tom's deodorant I would have for sure needed to re-apply, and I would have come home and still been a little smelly. BUT today...NOTHING... and only applied Once! :)

The true test will come on work-out day!

1/4 C. Baking Soda
1/4 C. Corn Startch
5 Tablespoons (Liquid) Coconut Oil


Heat your coconut oil (I put in about 3Tb. of solid coconut)

Mix all ingredients together

I emptied my Tom's deodorant container, and poured in my Coconut Deodorant! 
*Place in the fridge/freezer to make solid
*It does not always require refrigeration, but should not be left in the heat for long.

ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment