"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" -Hippocrates

Friday, January 6, 2012

Super Hero Food!

So I have fallen in love with a super hero. He has a lot of positive qualities that I think many would love. So let me just fill you in....


Anti-inflammatory-He's a healer..a big time healer...one that can reverse disease! (things like...arthritis & heart disease (#1 killer))...animal products have negative inflammatory effects.


Antioxidants-Why are these important? Penn State assistant professor of immunology and molecular toxicology says they have, “the ability to neutralize harmful molecules in our cells.”.....which in turns reduces things like Cancer and Alzheimer's Disease.


Weight loss- if you're eating plenty of him, and other healthful foods...he can definitely provide for weight loss goals----It wont take long to feel some of his effects....did I mention Fiber?? :)


Loaded with Nutrients- this list may take me awhile. 1 cup has over the daily value of Vitamins A, C, and K. substantial amounts of: well pretty much every vitamin and mineral + omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. I will spare the writing, but check out the nutritional analysis yourself here


Alright i'm being a chatty patty......I wont get anymore long-winded and just reveal the super hero........


K-A-L-E-!!!!!!! :)

I may get made fun of for eating my kale....but I'm proud to have him on my side....because with him..you WILL be stronger than those without!


P.s Just rip him up and eat him like salad, or make the veggie wrap I showed below, he can be sauteed or boiled too (although you will lose some of the water soluble vitamins)


ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment