"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" -Hippocrates

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 1: Healthy Detox!

With what started as a "short" trip to Barnes and Noble with my roommate...ended 3 hours later feeling prepared for a detox :)

I'd like to call this a healthy detox because it's filled with mostly fresh fruits and only lasts 2 days (I am not sure if I'd last much longer...)

 What I started with, but altered slightly
(Did not eat the cucumber, 1 of the apples, & 1 orange)
 
 Breakfast: Strawberries, bananas, blueberries
Snack: Strawberries & blueberries
Lunch: Orange & Apple
Rest of the day:
-Pear
-Raisins
-Kiwi
-Lemon Water
-Strawberries & blueberries
-Banana
(Key: Eat only when hungry, about every 1/2 hr-1hr)
*Plus Lots of WATER

Dinner: Spaghetti Squash, diced tomatoes, little marina 
(if you want to strictly follow this detox I would not eat spaghetti squash, and instead stick with fruit. The squash is starchy, which slightly slow the digestion.)

*Key point is to keep the digestion quickly going to cleanse the liver, colon, and small intestine. Fruit breaks down the quickest.

*This has not been terrible, although I admit I have complained. You start to crave, but then have to put it back into perspective. It's only 2 days :)

ANY QUESTIONS JUST COMMENT OR ASK ME :)

ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment