"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" -Hippocrates

Friday, September 9, 2011

Quinoa aka Keen--Wa

So a while ago I purchased Organic Quinoa from Kroger because I heard that it was a higher protein grain, and being a Veggie I like to make sure I'm keeping up on my protein.

I finally made it the other day and I have fallin' in LOVE :)

The rice is super soft, it's very light (it's doesn't make you feel bloated) even though one serving (1/4 C) makes a ton





How I used it:
-It takes about 10-15 minutes to cook just like other rices

-One day, I cooked up frozen corn (mixed it into Keen-Wa), broccoli, and mushrooms (sauteed, which I just used a little water and cajun seasoning no Oils). Then I topped it all with some cajun seasoning, which made it delicious :)

-Next time, I made broccoli, green beans, and mushrooms (mixed into Keen-Wa) with a side of super fresh tomato


This meal is suppper simple, and the only added substances were water and Cajun Seasoning (which does have sodium...would love to find reduced).

No comments:

Post a Comment