"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" -Hippocrates

Saturday, September 17, 2011

I know, I know...

Okay, so I know that exercising can be challenging in many ways...
     1. Finding the MOTIVATION...yes it sounds great, but I'd rather finish this show...creep on facebook...clean...and the list goes on. There's always something better or more important to do.
     2. TIME- "I don't have time to spend 30 minutes...or an hour of my day exercising.."
     3. $$- I can't afford a gym membership...don't really need to explain this one
     4. SORE- exercising can make you sore for a few days after certain workouts...or if you do cardio it can be really challenging to even think about running

So I am sure that I could continue with this list for quite a while and if I asked around I am sure that others have come up with even more creative excuses... but this is my response..

      1. ACCOUNTABILITY- it may not be easy to motivate yourself...and it's pretty easy to talk yourself out of something that you are not 100% for, so that's why you need someone to hold you accountable. Even if you are not meeting up with someone to exercise you can still give them a call on the phone..or send a text. Set individual goals...and when you set goals make them realistic...lets face it no one likes to fail at something, so make them attainable. (we're not on the biggest loser...and frankly it's not healthy to lose 8-10 pounds in one week) 
          Ex: "this week I want to exercise for 15 minutes 5 days of the week..." Maybe this doesn't seem like much, but was it more than what you were doing before? You can always build :)
       2. TIME- Okay, so this is a big one for me. Here's my little rant. How many lives do you have to live...ONE that's it. and it goes by fast. Why say that you don't have time for YOURSELF. If you don't have your health...then you don't have a whole lot...cuz you are probably not that happy. I'm not saying you have to give an hour everyday. Try 10 min or 15 min in different spots of the day...at least it's something!
       3. $$- you can exercise at home :)
       4. SORE- well I don't have a whole lot for this one besides that your mind may be hating you, but your body loves you. You are only making yourself stronger (unless you are overdoing it)

No comments:

Post a Comment