"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food" -Hippocrates

Friday, September 16, 2011

Do anti-perspirant deodorants cause breast cancer?

So I have heard that there may be a possible link between anti-perspirants (aluminum) and the formation of breast cancer. I guess the thought does seem fairly possible, and it also made me think that wearing anti-perspirant deodorant isn't exactly natural. Our bodies were made to cool ourselves through perspiration, so blocking our sweat glands with aluminum just doesn't seem very helpful.


This is the deodorant that I have begun using and I really like it. I mean I must admit, I am sweatier than I was with my old, regular deodorant, but I feel healthier when I use it. Also, there were times when I would accidently cut myself shaving or even just have razor burn and regular deodorant would aggravate the situation more....but with this deodorant I never have any problems. On occasion I have to re-apply during the day if I am extra sweaty because I start to have a little smell, but it's not too bad. Besides, no one is ever close enough to my armpits to smell me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment